[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Wolfgang Preiss w.preiss at gmx.de
Fri Jan 21 06:32:46 CET 2011

Am 21.01.2011 01:31, schrieb Richard Stallman:
> It is a shame to encourage the use of Flash.  It is not just proprietary,
> it also has malicious features.
>
> It would be so easy to avoid Flash.
As I stated: you don't need to use flash. You can use your own player
like vlc to watch the rtsp stream.

I do support this as far it is possible, on the other side, I want to
support barrierfree streaming, giving _anyone_ the possibility to watch
the stream with their setup without installing additional software.
flash however is being used by the majority of my viewers, which I can
prove by several statistics.

If you don't feel well with just the fact that a flash player is being
supported, I suggest you try to convice the board not to accept my free
donated services as a sponsor for the conference. (yes, true, I carry
all costs of the streaming on my own)

best regards

Wolfgang