[pp.int.general] Invitation to the PPI General Assembly 2011

Wolfgang Preiss w.preiss at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 07:33:41 CET 2011

Hello Richard,

I gave your arguments a long thought, and despite I think you are a bit
too radical (no offense), I admit you have a point.

At my website the user can change what player he wants to use, with the
inframe code, where the player can be inserted to other pages, the user
can't.

I will change that, so the called page will detect if flash is
installed, if not the user will not be promted to install flash but
shown possibility to use the rtsp link for his own player, or if he is
on a mobile to use one of the other links.

There is still no ogg stream though, but I will keep that on my "to-do
list"

I think that is at least a step in the right direction.

BTW: I am not using the origial adobe flash player, but the JW Player,
if that makes any difference for you (sadly there is still no
possibility to play rtsp or rtmp with the html5 video tag)

Best Regards

Wolfgang

--
"Hey, don't... don't say anything. Why don't you put it in an email, then I can ignore it at my pleasure." (http://www.sleeptalkinman.blogspot.com)