[pp.int.general] Egypt Help

lilo al3lilo at autistici.org
Sat Jan 29 22:05:42 CET 2011

On 28/01/2011 14:04, Yves Quemener wrote:
> On 01/28/2011 01:21 PM, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Yves
>> Quemener<quemener.yves at free.fr>  wrote:
>>> A group named "We rebuild" (http://www.werebuild.eu) is currently
>>> trying to
>>> set up radio links with Cairo and port-Said. They also have a mirroring
>>> effort for videos. Come help them TODAY on irc.telecomix.org
>>> #hamradio : if you are a radio expert
>>> #streisand : to discuss mirroring
>>> #jan25 : general discussion about events in Egypt
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is - in part - why we need a decentralized network: so that they
>> cannot switch it off so easily. First time ever a government switches
>> Internet off, but it probably won't be the only one. Initiatives like
>> guifi.net is what we need.
>
> Exactly. And guifi is not the only technology available.
> http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV4

did u see this?

http://www.openmeshproject.org/

battleofthemesh is a project from ninux.org born and actually alive in
Rome (a lot of quarters in rome are meshed with ninux) and other country
in Italy. last in Sicilia.

for last node UP&GROUNDED at La rustica (rome) we are TONIGHT at a great
party in Rome at CSOA Sans Papier.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=102626579815666

:P

battleofthemesh 2010 was been at Bracciano's Lake (Rome), next, 2011 in
Barcelona.

Wireless Battle Mesh v4 (16-20 Marzo 2011, Sant Bartomeu del Grau,
Spagna Catalogna)

info

* Web: http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV4

 * Email: wbmv4_aatt_exo_dot_cat