[pp.int.general] Fwd: [FC-discuss] Fwd: Urgent -- Aaron was just arrested

Pat Maechler aka Valio pirate at valio.ch
Thu Jul 21 14:57:58 CEST 2011

Fully agree.
Someone else did not a cool protest now on TPB! I completely support it! :-)
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6554331/Papers_from_Philosophical_Transactions_of_the_Royal_Society__fro

[quote]
 This archive contains 18,592 scientific publications totaling
33GiB, all from Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society
and which should be  available to everyone at no cost, but most
have previously only been made available at high prices through
paywall gatekeepers like JSTOR.

[...]

The portion of the collection included in this archive, ones published
prior to 1923 and therefore obviously in the public domain, total some
18,592 papers and 33 gigabytes of data.

The documents are part of the shared heritage of all mankind,
and are rightfully in the public domain, but they are not available
freely. Instead the articles are available at $19 each--for one month's
viewing, by one person, on one computer. It's a steal. From you.

[...]
[/quote]

Article in German http://www.golem.de/1107/85133.html

-pat