[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 22:01:18 CEST 2011

*/this is a trolling post/*
Ahoi,

The Pirate Party of Germany has decided to use a proprietary, commercial
software tool for accounting and member management. After a review of
all possibilities that software was the only one which conformed to all
requirements.
As you can surmise I'm fully supportive of the German Pirate Party
Board's approach, as I consider a software to be a tool which has to be
chosen based on its suitability.
However, I know that there are some people in the international Pirate
movement who see software as a principal issue (invoking terms like
"freedom" and other utter bullshit), for whom I wish to create this
thread. They can safely troll here in the knowledge that no0 one takes
them seriously.

Best regards,
Boris