[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Rok Andrée rok.andree at piratskastranka.net
Sat Jul 30 23:24:52 CEST 2011

We (the slovenian PP) have the same opinion as far as FLOSS in tax funded
organisations goes. But we add the words "whenever possible". If
you don't have a good alternative, you cant use an alternative, that's just
banging your had through the wall. But we whould encourage the creation of a
FLOSS alternative/replacement.

As boris said, software is a tool and it's FLOSS status is just one of it's
attributes. When deciding what to use you have to way all attributes. By
ignoring other attributes for the sake of one you're
just crippling your self and being and idiot.

Lp
Rok Andrée
Blagajnik - Treasurer
Piratska stranka Slovenije - Slovenian Pirate Party