[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Erich Sturm sturm at two2boot.de
Sun Jul 31 20:12:14 CEST 2011

Am 30.07.2011 22:01, schrieb Boris Turovskiy:
> */this is a trolling post/*

What's the way to meet a troll? Ignore them.

Yes, it's right that the german PP try to use a closed source product
for a spezific job. In the beginning 5 years ago we discussed the same
issue and decided to develop a open source tool. A long time we have
worked with a tool from nerds to nerds, but a lot of our Gen-Secs and
treasurers are not nerds, and so there were a lot of problems in party
management.
To have a tool for users, not for nerds, it's okay to take now a ready
software.
This is not a decision for ever, but a wise dicicion now. We have a lot
of political problems in the world, and I think it's better to bring our
power in political fight and not in a fight against our self.

Regards Erich