[pp.int.general] memo on current status of PPI accounts

Pat Mächler patrick.maechler at pp-international.net
Sun Jun 26 22:55:42 CEST 2011

Dear pirates,

I see the urge to inform you about the current status of the
accounting in PPI. This is particular in reference to reports done at
and decisions made by the GA in Friedrichshafen on 13th March 2011 and
published in the GA minutes of that day on March 31 [1].

Concerning the transparent bank account as decided by the GA: Marcel
and I have investigated in possible bank accounts that offer a similar
transparency as shown during the GA by the Czech Pirate Party[2]. The
result was slightly devastating: To our knowledge only the FIO bank in
CZ (and possibly in SK) [3] and Raiffeisen CZ offer this particular
service. We certainly aim at using a bank account using Euros in order
to enhance intuitive understanding of the data.
However in order to register a bank account for a foreign
organizations the FIO banks requests official registration documents,
which we do not have to this date. The registration of the PPI
Headquarters in Belgium have been initiatied in May at a notary in
Brussels, but could not been completed yet up to now due to
formalities required by Belgian officials.

As an intermediate solution I proposed to the board to publish the
official accounting data at least once a week on an official PPI organ
(e.g. the wiki). However this relates to another problem: Up to that
day I do not have access to the bank account at Triodos.

Concerning the transfer of the Triodos bank account: After the GA in
March till the midst of May I was unable to work concentrated on PPI
issues, namely my duties as PPI treasurer, due to personal problems,
which I prefer not to discuss in public. I assumed that it would be
sufficient to ask the former co-chairmen for transfer signatures
shortly before Lola, Marcel, Samir and I left for a meet-up in
Brussels during May. The intent was to ask Gregory Engels to send the
forms to Jerry Weier and then again to the PP-BE president Jurgen.
However these documents Gregory claimed to have sent before our
meet-up in May did not reach Jerry. He said he also sent them a second
time after the Brussels meet-up, but again they seemed not to arrive
at Jerry's place again. He says he will send them now a third time,
this time with a registered letter. I will try to act as fast as
possible, when the signatures of both former co-chairmen are
available.

A summary of the accounting data since the decision by the GA is attached.

I do take full responsibility that I did have not taken action of
getting hold of the bank account earlier (i.e. before May), as due to
personal problems.

I'm currently drafting an accounting scheme for PPI, but this has not
been finished yet and I prefer to discuss it first with the lay
auditors and the board, before publishing it.

I'm open to any suggestions and criticism.

kind regards
- Pat Maechler
 Treasurer of Pirate Parties International

[1] http://int.piratenpartei.de/File:Minutes-PPI-GA-2011-2nd-day.pdf
[2] https://www.fio.cz/scgi-bin/hermes/dz-transparent.cgi?ID_ucet=2100048174
[3] http://www.fio.sk/