[pp.int.general] WIPO DG mentions Pirate Party in speech to Blue Sky conference

Peter Brett p.brett at pirateparty.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 12:28:56 CET 2011

On 1 March 2011 15:46, Scott Elcomb <psema4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's my belief that Pirates should respond to this challenge - that we
> should open constructive dialog with this DG.  Even if he considers
> some of our views extreme, it also sounds like he'd be willing to
> listen to and discuss our views and potential solutions.  One view I
> think we share outright with Mr. Gurry is that Copyright needs to be
> less complex; one thing I'd certainly like to see!

Getting back to the original point, is anyone interested in this
suggestion? Or is this list more interested in pointless and
repetitive bickering about relatively minor issues?

Some PPUK members have argued quite strongly that our involvement in
PPI is pointless. Why give them more ammunition?

                              Peter

--
Peter Brett <p.brett at pirateparty.org.uk>
Campaigns Officer, Pirate Party UK

The Pirate Party of the United Kingdom is a political party registered
with the Electoral Commission in England, Scotland and Wales.
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/