[pp.int.general] 144 tonnes of garlic seized in poland

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at partidopiratapt.eu
Fri Mar 4 06:39:51 CET 2011

 On 03-03-2011 06:53, Amelia Andersdotter wrote:

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=OLAF/11/1&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

perhaps one of the more neglected IPR issues: customs. this is not related
to IPR but is a great form of europe. the vampiric proportions are not lost
on me...

Perrrrfect! They seized the garlic shipment from my foes! Now if only the
double-trapezoid crates, joined at their base and filled with soil from my
native land, disguised as enriched garden dirt, get through customs, I can
finally stay in Poland for a while... Muahahaha [?]

As to customs and IPR, there was a great effort to mix them all up into a
big cocktail with ACTA, and so the vested interests don't neglect it a bit,
neither should we. In fact we should use all methods available, like this
public consultation (
http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2011/intellectual_property_rights_en.htm)
to express our views on these subjects to those who can do something about
it, like in the upcoming vote on ACTA on the EU parliament. Although we have
Christian there already as one of our champions ( as well as you Amelia [?] ),
we should not dismiss ourselves from the battle if we can help in any way
even if only with written words. Because words are powerful, specially when
in large numbers, as powerful are these words of Voltaire that we should
never forget: "So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom,
those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent,
and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and
otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men."

So, everyone, you have until March 31 to "wake up" and make a difference, or
I'll bite your neck...and now garlic won't save you [?] eheheh

PS: "The consultation in particular is aimed at verifying the information
provided in the report *and at identifying additional issues that should be
addressed in the context of a possible review of the Directive*."