[pp.int.general] Pirate Party in Italy

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Wed Mar 16 19:10:27 CET 2011

Hi Andrea,

By experience, I can tell you that having more than one official Pirate
Party in a country is a very bad idea and should be avoided.

In France, back in 2009, we had 3 different movements claiming to be the
French pirate party... It was very difficult to be taken seriously, and
it became much easier as soon as these movements have merged into a
unique one (or disappeared).

Most of the time, the ideas are not the problem, the way of working is —
and it looks to be the case for you.

Last weekend, at the annual conference of the PPI, a new organ — the
court of arbitration — has been created in order to handle quite that
kind of problems. Would you like it to have a look at your case ?

Maxime