[pp.int.general] Should Pirate Parties include the coming Swarm Economy as policy?

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick.falkvinge at piratpartiet.se
Fri Mar 18 12:13:04 CET 2011

Dear colleagues,

after long thinking, I have arrived at the conclusion that Pirate
Parties may be in a unique situation to catalyze change from today's
industrial-age way of measuring value.

In today's terms, GNU/Linux and Wikipedia count as nonvalue and
nonproduction, but somebody slacking off on a paid job counts as
production.

Contributions to industry-fundamental components on a global scale by
world-class skilled craftsmen don't count towards production simply
because the craftsmen weren't paid by somebody to do it. That is INSANE.

I am doing a bit of thinking in this blog post, and would welcome your
take on the subject.

http://falkvinge.net/2011/03/18/should-pirate-parties-include-the-swarm-economy/

Cheers,
Rick