[pp.int.general] Should Pirate Parties include the coming Swarm Economy as policy?

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 19 20:05:05 CET 2011

On 19 March 2011 15:33, Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com> wrote:

> my point was more that it's not a value you can eat, or build hardware with,
> for instance. we need food and raw materials for that. and i think my point
> about people paying for participating in the creation of that value rather
> than getting paid still stands.

I made a proposal some time ago about how content creators could be
paid in a post-copyright world:
<http://cabalamat.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/a-broadband-tax-for-the-uk/>.
To summarise I proposed that everyone with broadband paid a fixed sum
every month into one or more funds (of their choosing) which paid
creators of creative works.

But I think we could perhaps do this in a less bureaucratic way: have
the state pay $1 into everyone's flattr account every month. This
would make large sums available for content creators, and would
provide a revenue stream that (perhaps in combination with other
revenue streams) would make many websites financially viable where
currently they are not.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at gmail.com>