[pp.int.general] An international online forum

Gregory Engels Gregory.Engels at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Mar 22 16:37:54 CET 2011

On 22.03.2011, at 16:13, Andrew Norton wrote:

> So, let's make sure there's no misunderstandings. during that time
> period, while 10 meetings were scheduled, only the ones I've mentioned
> had enough of the then-board bother to turn up, so that any work could
> officially be done. The rest of the meetings, despite existing on
> paper,
> didn't actually exist in terms of productivity.

Dear Andrew,

it seems that you have a skewed concept of Productivity, if you only
think that work is done in meetings that have had a quorum. In reality
in the meetings noone have done any work whatsoever. ever.
But I believe that americans (and the other angel-sax countries)
  like the idea of "management-by-committee", and this might explain
your fixation on having quorum in meetings.

Yes, we were constrained by the fact that we could not held a
formal voting among the board members during the meeting.
But the truth is, we didn't really had to, since, for example to stay
on the topic - discussing the options to restore the website and
the forum - the most topics didn't requred any voting, since they
fell into accountability of a single board member - like Jakub,
being the status task force leader have set up a form for collecting
the statutes amendments an managed the whole process, without
that we had to vote on every move he made.

IF there were topics that had required a quorum, to held a formal
vote, every member could (according to the board's rules
of procedure) initiate a postal vote, and its results would have
been announced in the the next meeting. This has actually happened
on some occasions during the last year.

So, it is still a lie, when you insist that there were no meetings,
or that there were no work done during a 3 month period, but
I understand now, that your insults have been made due to a
limited understanding of the matter on how a board works,
so please accept my apologies on calling you a lier, I will
refrain in future from such reactions.

With kind regards, (since you do not like me being sincere),

Gregory Engels
International Coordinator
Pirate Party of Germany

mobile: +49 172 853 44 91