[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Tue Mar 22 20:56:41 CET 2011

Am 22.03.2011 20:42, schrieb Andrew Norton:
> On 3/22/2011 3:06 PM, Maxime Rouquet wrote:
>
> >> You've chosen to support the second. Why?
> > I did not chose. I am pretty sure your first option is not possible :
> > the Court of Arbitration had to be elected "like the Board". And that is
> > what the General Assembly did, as much as possible (and this despite you
> > *and me* disliking how things went).
>
> Ok, so this is the nub.
> Ok, the Board can be elected at the annual General ASsembly meeting, or
> at any emergency meeting.
> "(4) The Board is elected by the General Assembly at the regular
> sessions or if an extraordinary session is requested for that purpose."
>
> NOW, here's the thing.
> There is one thing in common in both of those things. Forewarning.
> IX (7) Meetings of the General Assembly will be announced at least five
> weeks prior to the meeting. The invitation will be sent out by the Board
> to all Members and published on the homepage of Pirate Parties
> International website.
>
> So, all meetings of the GA, be they the annual one, OR the extraordinary
> one JUST for voting on the board has at least 5 weeks notice, PLUS get
> emailed to all members, AND on the website. That means we ALWAYS have
> *AT LEAST* 5 weeks notice of an election.

Where do you read: /announcing of elections/? The statutes explicitly
state out: /Meetings of the General Assembly will be announced at least
five weeks prior to the meeting/. It is about the meeting. Not the
elections.

Any criticism you offer at the moment is criticising the GA as a whole.

Please get it straight - as you are being a democrat - that the GA as
the highest organ within PPI is free in its decisions.

If the PP-US is opposing this decision it has to formally call for a
decision by the Court of Arbitration.

This is part of the so called "rule of law". Not the one who shouts
aloud may be right, it might be the mice whispering somewhere in the
corner. CoA will take care of it. That's the way the General Assembly
did decide upon.

If you want to change the way it is, PP-US as any other PP within PPI is
allowed to go for a change of the statutes.

Best regards

Thomas