[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Brendan Molloy brendanmolloy at pirateparty.org.au
Wed Mar 23 12:27:17 CET 2011

If you did some bloody research, you'd know there are many academic  reports
detailing how to implement a secure, anonymous e-voting system, and one such
project is nearing completion by Pirate Party Australia for the purposes of
our internal elections.

It's much more complex than I care to explain (or fully understand for that
matter), but we have people who have great expertise in this area working on
it, and I would be happy to share it with PPI once it is completed, and put
it forward for as much quality assurance as possible.

It basically sends out a token to your email address that you use to have
one unique vote, which is then stored in some severely confusing (for me)
cryptographic manner.

2011/3/23 Maxime Rouquet <maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org>

> On 03/23/2011 12:13 PM, Yves Quemener wrote:
> > The debian foundation manages this, and it is a much bigger project than
> > the PP-int is at the current point.
>
> PPI votes are secret (meaning : you do not know who voted for what, you
> just have the right number of paper sheets... and remote votes that are
> public).
>
> You cannot achieve a vote that you can both keep secret and check for
> fraud with electronic voting. (AFAK debian foundation votes are public?)
>
> However, abandoning the secrecy of vote seems fair for PPI elections.
> Under such a condition, I would personally support electronic voting
> like debian foundation manages for PPI.

Regards,
Brendan Molloy
Pirate Party Australia