[pp.int.general] Eight spokes of Information Policy?

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick.falkvinge at piratpartiet.se
Wed Mar 23 13:33:12 CET 2011

Dear colleagues,

after five years, I have tried summarizing the basic principles of what
we stand for under eight headings. These principles would be combined
with each other and with observations -- think of the Civilization Tech
Tree with these eight at the far left end -- to form more and more
specific policy.

This way, we would not just know what our policy is, but we would know
WHY our policy was a certain way, and if an assumption fails, what
previous decisions fall along with it.

http://falkvinge.net/2011/03/23/the-eight-spokes-of-information-policy/

I am suggesting Privacy, Transparency, Culture, Knowledge, Swarm
Economy, Humanity, Quality Legislation and Pragmatism as the eight basic
principles that all our other policies can emerge from.

If this seems sensible from where we stand today, and the policies which
quite clearly derive from these eight today, then I believe we would be
able to build a complete ideology from these eight principles in a
Civ-style policy tree.

Thoughts, comments?

Cheers,
Rick