[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Thomas Gaul pirat at buero-gaul.de
Tue Mar 22 16:51:26 CET 2011

Am 22.03.2011 16:24, schrieb Andrew Norton:
> I was reading through the Italy thread here, and it mentioned the Court
> of Arbitration. That had been mentioned in the old statutes, and dealt
> with a little in the amendments.
>
> So, the PPI site now lists (http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_CoA) not
> only a basis for it, BUT a full court.
> WTF? (un)Surprisingly, they're ALL representing European Parties (again)
> but I'm not seeing anything about the appointment in the minutes from
> the board meeting
> (http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2011-03-19) and I checked
> the schedule from the Conference
> (http://int.piratenpartei.de/wiki/images/6/6a/PPI_Conference_2011_-_Agenda.pdf
> ) and found no mention there either. So, where did this list of people
> come from? (and why, yet again, is it only west/central Europe represented?)

Dear Andrew,

you'll have to ask the General Assembly about it.

But for once, there had been amendment to the statutes about a full
Court of Arbitration. As that had been accepted by the General Assembly
the Court of Arbitration had to be elected asap.

Have a look at the statutes: (Not yet cross-checked)
<http://www.ceskapiratskastrana.cz/wiki/en:zo:docs:ppi_statutes>

The now member of the Court of Arbitration have been proposed within and
elected by the General Assembly. Not taking into account which country
or continent they grew up or live.

Any member could have proposed other candidates, even by proxy as remote
attendent.

PP-US did not participate to my knowlegde. PP-CA did, as did others.

Please keep your critics in mind for the next General Assembly. So
better go ahead and minimize the risk that only Member of European
Parties are elected, propose candidates - as you have been a candidate
for the board, sponsored by PP-UK.

Best regards

Thomas Gaul