[pp.int.general] PPDE 2.1% in state elections

Sebastian Nerz basti at tirsales.de
Mon Mar 28 13:32:39 CEST 2011

 Hi,

 On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:53:01 +0100, Josef Ohlsson Collentine wrote:
> Time for some good news. Seems like Germany is doing good in the
> state
> elections :)

 Thanks :)

> RT @nottinhill [1] German Pirates get 2.1% of votes in state
> elections, entering at least 18 city councilshttp://j.mp/idbEc8 [2]
>
>  [3]Would love to know more details from someone that knows more
> about
> the results...

 We had three elections yesterday:
 * State elections in Rheinland-Pfalz - 1.6%
 * State elections in Baden-Württemberg - 2.1%
 * City council and "Kreistags" (between city and state) elections in
 Hessen

 The pirates in Hessen were able to get 13 city parliament seats, 13
 county council seats and 1 seat in a local council, so they got 27 seats
 in total.

 As chairman of the pirate party Baden-Württemberg I'm especially happy
 for our result. The elections were particulary difficult because nuclear
 energy was a *very* hot topic. In addition some local specialties made
 life difficult for us. Another result of this election is that, for the
 first time in history, Baden-Württemberg will NOT be governed by the
 CDU, but by a coalition of the green party and the SPD
 (social-democratic party) and it will be the first green state premier
 ever... It was known before the election, that this change was a
 distinct possibility and quite a number of people told us "Sorry, would
 love to vote pirates, but there is a chance for change, so we will vote
 green".
 And for the first time we got a better result in this state election
 then in the last federal elections (2.05% -> 2.08%).

 So - yes, we have seen three nice elections yesterday. And it will be
 quite interesting to follow the next five years ;)

 regards,

 Sebastian / Tirsales

 PS Sorry for my bad english - I'm still pretty tired