[pp.int.general] World Wide Weed: summer 2011

Ryan Moffitt ryan.m.moffitt at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:13:04 CEST 2011

The problem lies in the fact that there seems to be vestiges of the party
who think that we are the youth gone wild. We hare having a hard enough time
getting people to take us seriously without organised "smoke-ins" or other
such business. Diluting the message with drug policy is probably the last
thing we need right now, especially in the face of expanding domestic
surveillance, intellectual property and government secrecy in the United
States and Europe.

We are not an anarchist party. I for one, plan on sticking to educational
and electoral means to bring about political change. If you see civil
disobedience and public violations of the law as a means of change, I think
you are looking for something the Pirate Party doesn't have to offer you.

If you plan on actually going forward with such an event, I beg you to
please not do it under a Pirate banner, lest you negatively impact the
political work the rest of us are trying to accomplish.

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 21:44, Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/18/2011 9:36 PM, Jack wrote:
> > Sounds great if your aim is to get people to think we're not a serious
> > political party.
> >
> > Legalising weed, and especially civil disobedience over the fact that
> > it's illegal, is not a(n international) Pirate issue.
>
> Hear Hear.
>
> Pirate PArty is not the Stoner party.
>
> Personally, I think anyone that takes something, wraps it in something
> else, then sets it on fire, and inhales the smokey particulates BY
> CHOICE needs their head examined. When you're having a BBQ, you don't
> stick your head in the smoke from the grill (assuming you use charcoal)
> because it's nasty stuff, and yet it's BETTER for you than the kind of
> smoke you want 'legalised'.
>
> ... just I dunno...
>

> > -- Jack A
> >
> > On 17 May 2011 17:55, Paolo (pp-it) <blackrevolt at gmail.com
> > <mailto:blackrevolt at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hey Pirates, we (pp-it) are going to make a "smart mob" to advertise
> >     the next "world wide weed".
> >     :D
> >
> >     I prefer talking about "smart mob", instead of a common "flash mob",
> >     because of the political meaning:
> >     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_mob
> >
> >     - THE IDEA:
> >     1. Choose an important square and a date (IN ROME, but if you wanna
> >     share, you're welcome!)
> >     2. Pull out a little bit of weed (NOTHING ELSE, please...)
> >     3. Pull out a little bit of tobacco
> >     4. Spread the paper
> >     5. Make the filter
> >     6. Roll the joint
> >     7. Smoke the joint...
> >     ...and...
> >
> >     ...if the police come?
> >
> >     1. Put the joint on the ground (OR BETTER IN THE TRASH)
> >     2. Grow lex
> >     3. Go away
> >
> >     THE WORLD WIDE WEED:
> >
> >     - What
> >     The world wide weed is a global conference: seminars, documentaries,
> >     speeches, and a party in the end.
> >
> >     - When
> >     We'd prefer SEPTEMBER, but we know that there will be the swiss
> >     federal election, on october 23, 2011, so...
> >     ...do you prefer JULY or SEPTEMBER?
> >
> >     - Where
> >     ROME
> >
> >     - Why
> >     You know, this year is the 100th Anniversary Of First Marijuana
> >     Prohibition, an unhappy anniversary... On April 29, 1911,
> >     Massachusetts enacted the first state law making it illegal to sell
> or
> >     possess cannabis without a prescription!
> >     :(
> >
> >     So, come on, don't give up the fight!
> >
> >     Pa'

> - --