[pp.int.general] Police seizes servers of German Pirate Party

Ole Husgaard pirat at sparre.dk
Sat May 21 01:24:36 CEST 2011

Richard Stallman skrev:
>     the guys here at the #spanishrevolution camps were using piratenpad to
>     create docs, coordinate efforts and keep inventories and stuff.
>     This has been a serious incovenience :(
>
> I wonder if that was the motive for seizing them -- to try to sabotage
> the protest.

There are many possible motives for this:

- To make it harder for the the party to gain votes in the federal state
elections in Bremen this Sunday.
- To generally make it harder for the German Pirate Party to operate.
- To gain insight in private communications within the party.
- To get the party membership list.
- To make it harder for PPI and other pirate parties to operate, as
these often use the IT infrastructure of the German Pirate Party.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.