[pp.int.general] Police seizes servers of German Pirate Party

Sebastian Nerz basti at tirsales.de
Sat May 21 10:32:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Thanks! It would be very, very helpful if the German government would be forced to react to #Servergate

The situation is as follows: our servers are back online, every service is up and running. The police has made copies of a single virtual server, no member-data has been compromized. We have filed a complaint at the local court, protesting against the seizures, the data copy, etc.
Oh and we had quite a media hype, including nearly every larger german media and international media.

In total I believe that we have shown that seizing pirate party servers is nothing a government think lightly off!

Many, many thanks for the international support and the many offers for help.

Regards,

Sebastian Nerz
head of chair Pirate Party Germany