[pp.int.general] EU Commission at work on Intellectual Property Rights

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:52:20 CEST 2011

I know the EU Commission well, and worked in the EU administration for
many years. Based on my experience, I don't take seriously any
sentence which contains both "EU Commission" and "creativity and
innovation".

Actually, I consider the EU Commission as one of the worse cases of
nanny-state control freakery. If there is one thing that they do NOT
want to see in Europe, it is _real_ creativity and innovation.

I agree with Richard, using the term "IP rights" is starting on the
wrong path. Most of the document is meaningless Euro-babble, and the
few passages which actually mean something are even worse BS.