[pp.int.general] Fwd: 18 new MEPs to arrive next month

David Arcos david.arcos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 03:55:27 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:40 AM, <mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se> wrote:

> Only thing to consider here is that we should avoid
> parties with opposing agendas to our own to avoid to much internal
> bickering in the group, and we should also avoid all kinds of far
> right/nationalist parties. Otherwise we'll quickly find ourselves
> ostracized in the parliament. Current non-inscrits that could be of
> interest in such a scenario would perhaps be the Austrian Hans-Peter
> Martin's List *and the spanish UPyD*

Wrong!
UPyD is a right-wing, nationalist party. That's nod bad *per se*, the bad
thing is that they are ultra-populist: they will tell whatever the people
wants to hear. And they lie a lot (they said they were left-wing,
non-nationalistic), they have contradictions in their own program, etc.
In some parts of Spain, they are accepted and voted. In Barcelona, well,
they got less than half the votes we got.

So please don't try to combine with them, or it'll be PIRATA.CAT who will
be ostracized and ridiculized :-p