[pp.int.general] Pirate Book

Brad Hall brad.hall at pirate-party.us
Thu Sep 29 12:18:45 CEST 2011

To answer your questions:

1. Well, it's the United States of America, most people shorten it to just
"America." I know there's a lot of countries in North and South America. I
figured my use of "US" would let everyone know which one I was talking
about.

2. Yes. The book will be CC-licensed, most likely the Contribution
Share-Alike BY SA. However, certain passages will be licensed under a
different license, for example, if we used Stallman's story, "The Right to
Read" we'd have to mention that it was under a different CC license as it
stipulates that it cannot be altered.

I am trying to get a few people to allow us to use pieces of their
pre-existing works in the book. Right now I'm talking to Kembrew McLeod
about using excerpts from a chapter of his book, "Freedom of Expression" -
if he says "Yes, but I don't want my excerpt CC licensed with the rest of
the pirate book." Then I would have to honor that if I decided I still
wanted to use his material.

Does this help?

Brad Hall

--
Former Administrator, United States Pirate Party
Vice-Chairman, Florida Pirate Party