[pp.int.general] Research about the PPI

Monique fraeuleinmorisse at hotmail.de
Thu Apr 5 18:23:01 CEST 2012

Dear worldwide Pirates,

my name is Monique and I am studying 'Global Studies' at the University
Gothenburg. Currently, I am writing my MA-Thesis about the /global
perspective/(s) of the Pirate Parties and their /notion(s) on democracy/.

I am conducting an inductive qualitative research composed of interviews
of Pirate Party members from different countries.
That is also the reason why I am writing you: _I am looking for people
that want to add their perception/opinions on those issues to my
research._ I will be in Prague from the 13th-15th April (and one day
before and after) and I hope to be able to interview as many people as
possible, in order to accomplish a coherent, thorough, and diverse
picture as possible. (The interviews will last approx. 45min-1h and can
be conducted either (perferably) in a focus group (circa 5 ppl) or
individually. Anonymity is assured of wished for.)

After finishing my thesis, I hope to share my result with interested
bodies of the PPs/PPI, so that everyone gets something out of the
participation (you get the info and I hopefully my degree). I attached a
pdf-document, where you can find a detailed describtion of my research,
the potential bilateral involvement, and some information (+contact
details) about me, so you can make yourself a picture about all of it,
so you can easily say 'yes, I'd love to take part'.

So if you want to take part, /please write me a mail/ asap, so I can
estimate the amount of participants and try to create a little plan
(who, what, when (so that you can also take part in the actual
conference or the parts you want to take part in), how etc.). But, I
will also be in Prague and if you decide spontaneously that you want to
participate, come and talk to me.

Like I have said above, it would be great, if there are a lot of
participants from different PPs, so that the research (and in the end
the information that you can use for yourselves) become as valid,
diverse and interesting as possible.
Hence, please write me a mail and participate....Great!

I am looking forward to see you all in Prague!
Have great holidays and see you next week
Greetings from the Wendland
Monique