[pp.int.general] African Round Up : Tunisia et al.

Parti Pirate Tunisie parti at partipirate-tunisie.org
Fri Apr 6 02:18:00 CEST 2012

Hi Pirates and Friends,

It's been sometimes we gave no news, we had to work hard and we
finally have won against the Tunisian Interior Ministry/Prime Ministry
that officially recognized the Pirate Party of Tunisia (Parti Pirate
Tunisie) as a political party. So far the board is led with

Sleh Edine Kchouk (President)
Imen Rejeb (Treasurer)

No news good news, nevertheless the situation over here is still
cloudy and tainted in terms of censorship, repression and injustice
and that's why we're playing safe but strong moves. As a matter of
fact Sleh was beaten up and arrested by police a couple of days ago
(he was then released) in our last action for the wounded of the
tunisian revolution that are mostly still with no support from the
actual government in regards to healthcare, some of these young men
and women are still left with police bullets in their body, and their
snipers are free thanks to a shameful "justice"/judiciary system. I
wouldn't be exaggerating if I told you that we were from the first
that fought Ben Ali, our online cruise started in 1998 and we are now
one of the few around to keep the fight for freedom and justice in
Tunisia.

Well other than that, I've seen Slim Amamou sneaking around here :), I
seriously don't care what he's up to, and reiterate the fact that Slim
Amamou doesn't represent our party nor is he a member of it. I won't
get into details, but to sum it up I'd say there are no places for
people who betrayed us to negotiate personal privileges with Ben Ali's
right hands and mafia members (Mohamed Ghannouchi, Hbib Essid to name
a few). Those that turned their back to us in the heat of our
revolution, those that ignored us to jump in a rotten wagon led by a
corrupt government ought to cope with their mistakes. We just can't
help it.

This sad side apart, the future for us will be bright in Tunisia.
We're getting the momentum we deserve, and I'm pursuing my personal
dream of bringing a stronger Pirate Party presence in Africa. Well now
you know it, we've just started incubating pirate parties in Algeria,
Nigeria, DR Congo and Senegal under one umbrella : the African Pirate
Party. I won't get into details here as well, suffice to say that the
different species of dictatorships we have here in Africa force us to
play it less conventionally than in a democratic, safe and somewhat
free ground when thinking of registering a Pirate Party, let alone RFC
it. And to that aspect, I'm open to any help from you friends, ladies
and gentelmen, seasoned pirates.

I'd like to finish this round up by seeking some guidance on whether
it's possible for the Tunisian Pirate Party to seek some grant for one
or two attendees to represent us and meet you ladies and gentlemen at
the GA.

I still recall how in 2010 I with TAKRIZ contacted Jerry at PPI
regarding starting a Tunisian Pirate Party, we were under a tough
dictatorship at that time, we launched the party, we managed to spark
a revolution, we helped Tunisians bypass cyber censorship, Pirate
Party was present during the revolution, and today here I am emailing
you to announce that we finally got the party registered. You have my
word, our pirate destiny is still ahead in our beloved Tunisia, and
what started in Tunisia is going to sail around Africa to stick the
Pirate Party flag wherever we will find ground for it.

I wish you all the best and I'm available if you would like to get in
touch with ideas, comments, questions or support.

Bestest,

Foetus
Founder TAKRIZ Network
Incubator Tunisian Pirate Party
Parti Pirate Tunisie - International Desk
Incubator African Pirate Party

foetus at takriz.net
foetus at partipirate.net