[pp.int.general] My candidacy proposal

Lindsay-Anne Brunner lindsay.brunner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:24:35 CEST 2012

Mr Emerson

If I recall correctly, you had a vote of no confidence brought against you
when you were the Operations Officer of USPP on account that you posted a
blog that advocated that the USPP essentially commit visa fraud to bring
people over to work for us cheaply whilst studying in the US.  Furthermore,
you were kicked out of NYPP when it was discovered in December that you
were financing sites in the name of NYPP without consulting at least one
other member about it, not telling anyone of your plans. I have been
involved since April 2010; there was no reason why it should not have been
discussed openly with me. Your lack of transparency to those you funded is
still causing problems four months later; I have been  asked why sites
weren't done properly, and I've been not asked but TOLD by one of your
"associates," Larss, that I needed to fix his site for free on one
occasion. I did not fix it, because it was not my problem to rectify but
yours.

You claim to hate politics, but you care an awful lot about my decision to
replace you as head of NYPP and telling you that you were not doing what
was right, and even more so, you claim you "quit" altogether, which you and
I know is most definitely not the case. In fact, you seem bitter over it
still. I started setting up meetings before I completely took over, and
despite them being on IRC, you never attended nor gave any input. For
someone who claimed to be the Administrative Officer of NYPP, you did not
lead at all, but took the name of the party to make yourself seem more
powerful and have something to leverage over others, to make you seem more
impressive and accomplished than you were.  NYPP is going farther now than
it did while you were in, as it is not being sidetracked for the
flavor-of-the-week, stick-it-to-the-man cause you feel is the best thing
ever to support.

Also, I never stated that one must be a politician or an officer to be a
member. NYPP has members who are non-politicians and non-officers. The
difference, Mr Emerson, is that they were not asked to leave. You were.