[pp.int.general] "interesting" Spiegel piece this week

Andrew Norton ktetch at ktetch.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 18:48:13 CEST 2012

I think it's important to take criticisms as criticism. It's all too
easy to take negative comments as 'attacks; which will just lead to a
victim complex.

If your first response is to call it an attack, or an attempt to play
dirty, rather than dealing with the points raised, then you might have
a future as a media coordinator for the US Republican party. That's
their shtick - everything is an attack, an attempt to trick them into
saying something bad, a 'gotcha question', etc. It's what you fall
back on when you can't deal with the issues raised.I thought we were
above this.

Andrew