[pp.int.general] (no subject)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Aug 13 22:51:29 CEST 2012

    However, if the tax reimbursement for the poor that you proposed is
    given only for the unsustainable fuels,

I think this is a misunderstanding.  What I proposed is not a
"reimbursement", but rather a subsidy, an unconditional benefit for
the poor.  Its size would be calculated to compensate for the average
effect of the increased fuel expenses on the poor, perhaps according
to where they live.

Poor people would get this benefit regardless of their actual energy
use.  It would not depend on their fuel purchases.  Thus, they would
still have the incentive to conserve fuel.  Those who conserve a lot
would be better off than they were before; they would get the benefit,
but they wouldn't pay much of the increased tax.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation