[pp.int.general] PPI GA 2013 - Call for Hosts

Aleksandar Blagojevic piratska.partija.srbije at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:12:47 CET 2012

My proposition:
PPI GA to be held entirely on Internet. There is no more egalitarian
realm of today.
I am sure that all pirate parties have enough resources to connect via
irc/voip/video on that future pirate platform. And if someone does not
have connectivity/resources, better to redirect couple of hundreds of
bucks to establish permanent online presence of that (most probably
_new_) party than to burn thousands of bucks in aeroplane motors and
hotel toilets.

We have enough hacking skill/experience/resources to connect _all_
pirates of this world with much much less money than spent on overall
old-politics PPI - in fact EU "PPI" GA.

~

Lads, let us stop fool ourselves. At this point PPI is dis-functional
and useless. No spirit and warmth.
I remember how hyped&motivated I was to meet/work with K`Tetch, Valio,
duke, coretx, steffen, nicco, XaviVila... on #ppi-coreteam back in the
days. I was really honoured to participate/collaborate with this crew,
and I still am. People like this inspire. PPI today? Just pictures on
global surveillance facebook network and neverending "/I will report
back on this issue on next PPI online mumble meeting./"
<http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board#Meetings>

If we want keep our pirate movement rolling, and if we want to brake
more barriers of the past we need to stop this eroding trend of becoming
yet another corrupted political party.

Meaning/work of PPI
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Parties_International>
"/to help establish, to support and promote, and to maintain
communication and co-operation between pirate parties around the world./"
can be done online with _much_ more efficiency than this ego pumping
machinery.
Do you read the ppi mumble minutes
<http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board#Meetings>? This person was
here, that person was there. Then, on fb/tw/g+ we can see some "top
level" pirates picturing themselves on a "very important pirate
conference" somewhere in safe and islolat€d EU. No real impact, no fresh
blood, no new radical ideas, no new radical solutions and not a single
barrier broken for a while. It's a self-satisfying club.

Our pirate union should kick&role with pirate idea in front, people behind.

--
I prefer to have options, rather than plans.
Aleksandar Blagojevic aka blaeks <http://blaeks.wordpress.com/>