[pp.int.general] Online voting versus online discussion

Charly Pache charly.pache at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:12:28 CET 2012

I heard about an e-voting system where people get a checksum when they
vote and then the database of all e-votes is published, everyone can
download it and check both the global result (with many different
programs, developed by political parties, citizen associations,
medias, the open source community, other individuals...)  and whether
it's really what they voted that was taken into account. This way,
there will be no more this software issue, it's transparent,
verifiable, secrecy of vote is guaranteed. It's based on
maths/encryption and not on software. Has anyone more information on
it?