[pp.int.general] URGENT: we need your signature

Martin Rieth martin.rieth at piratenpartei-goettingen.de
Fri Dec 21 17:13:46 CET 2012

Moin Moin *,

it would be nice though to have an international set of basic political
demands which any pirate party in any state has to submit to, before being
allowed to call itself a pirate-party.

This would also support the thought of an international movement.

I agree that the pirate movement has no obligation to any one-dimensional
political system.

I say 42, Martin Rieth, Germany, Europe
----

Freitag, 21. Dezember 2012 - Pirate Parties International -- General Talk :
> There is nothing inherently left-wing with the pirate movement. If
> there is a center-right pirate group in italy and they adhere to the
> pirate values of privacy, transparancy and intellectual property reform
> I see no problem with welcoming them into the pirate family. Regardless
> of whatever background people who support the project may have.

> As you describe them as a group of members of the italian pirate party
> who´ve chosen to fork into a separate party it seems clear that it is
> not an outside attempt to missuse the name for something that is not
> pirate politics and it would thus be incredibly wrong for other pirate
> parties to take sides on this. It is an internal italian problem. Please
> solve it among yourselves.

> Best regards

> Mattias Bjärnemalm

> On 2012-12-21 13:20, Paolo (pp-it) wrote:
>> There's a group of members of the Italian Pirate Party which
>> has chosen to split and launch its own center-right formation
>> for the coming elections in February. It has the support of
>> Mr Scilipoti, one of those politicians who helped the Berlusconi
>> government survive, over a year ago.
>>
>> It would be useful for us if the international Pirate movement
>> where to point out does not support this group and reaffirm its
>> support for the Italian Pirate Party.
>>
>> The values of the right cannot be ours, the values of the rights
>> cannot be of those who fight for liberty, integration, the dignity
>> of the people and the end of censorship.
>>
>> The choices of the PP-IT that we share are different. We pick
>> the occasion to express our support to the Pirate candidate for
>> mayor of the city of Rome, Josef 'JoJo' Yemane.
>> -
>> Paolo CocuRoccia - Press Office PP-IT
>> Marco Confalonieri - International coordinator - PP-IT
>> Carlo Von Loesch - PP-DE
>> Alessandra Minoni - Alternate Board - PP-INT

Ich sach 42, Martin Rieth