[pp.int.general] Help wanted for pirate comic

Simon Rupf simon.rupf at piraten-partei.ch
Fri Feb 3 21:18:31 CET 2012

Hi all

I had this idea for some time now and a fellow pirate gave me the
advice to post this request to a international audience: How about
creating pirate comics to spread ideas or topics of the pirate parties
around the world in a friendly and easily digestable form? As an
international project, we would not only need folks with drawing and
writing skills, but also people who would help translate those comics
into different languages. All work should be provided in easy to edit
source formats (Gimp XCF, Inkscape SVG, etc.) and licensed as public
domain, creative commons ore similar.

Personally I could provide the project with a
PHP-Webserver-infrastructure for a website, some domains
(piratecomic.net, piratecomic.com, pirate-comic.net and
pirate-comic.com) and also help with translation between english and
german. We could use a PHP based CMS or wiki software of your choice.
If anybody is interested, feel free to contact me.

The idea is not completly new. These are the pirate comics I have
found on the net:

- webcomic project of the german pirate party (planning)
   http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Webcomic

- new members guide as comic from the pirate party Cologne (released)
   http://yfrog.com/z/h2tioktxj

- My Private Pirate Manga project from the pirate party Cassel (released)
   http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/MyPrivatePirateManga

Thank you for reading.
Simon