[pp.int.general] Artificial meat

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:42:20 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Marko Mitrovic <archamond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not putting something like that anywhere near my mouth.
>
> Besides, aren't we in principle against GMO food and similar
> mumbo-jumbo? Well, this is rising it on whole new level.

In general, I support most research into methods of sustainable human
development while minimizing our impact on the planet.  In GMO, I have
serious concerns about the rush to market, the excessive application
of "intellectual property" law and the lack of adequate, and thorough,
testing.

The question of it being "mumbo-jumbo" is key: Is it sound?  Is it
safe?  More importantly, will it be rushed to market before being
proved-so?

Perhaps even more important, will the "IP" be used to help solve the
worlds problems or will it be exploited simply for the financial
benefit of a few stakeholders?

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca