[pp.int.general] Thank you for taking part in the last joint action on SOPA/PIPA!

roberto aka robske evilteddyxl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:06:17 CET 2012

There was great media coverage. But we must not wait till this law gets
passed of trashed. Best bets for us are to decrease our reliance on US IT
infrastructure. Vote with your wallet and DNS registrations. After all,
hurting their wallets is the most likely factor in promoting change.

2012/1/19 Joonas Mäkinen <joonas.makinen at piraattinuoret.fi>

> ... not to mention all the non-old media coverage that came with it. We
> shut down the website of the youth org of the Finnish Pirate Party and the
> there were so, so many retweets. :)
> Den 19/01/2012 19.30 skrev "Pat Maechler aka Valio" <pirate at valio.ch>:
>
> Hello @all!
>>
>> Thank you all for taking part in the last joint action on SOPA/PIPA.
>>
>> 1) The joint PR was well received as it has real quality in it!
>> (though we do not know how many media used it).
>>
>> 2) the black out was a real succes
>>
>> I consider it a succes that even Congressmen are reconsidering their
>> support for SOPA. Knowing, it won't be over. The hazard is still
>> imminent. Let us watch careful what happens to it in the futuere. We
>> should stay alert.
>>
>> But for today, Thank you all for you help! Keep the pirate movement
>> running!
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Pat

Roberto Moretti