[pp.int.general] MegaUpload raided, shut down on request of US authorities

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Fri Jan 20 10:06:58 CET 2012

I think we have to keep in mind that it is well possible that megaupload,
as opposed to Piratebay for example, was making a lot of money off
infringing copyright, which at least for PPDE would mean that we are not
against pursuing them legally.

What I think is more questionable here is whether all those people, all of
whom clearly didn't break any law while having been in the US, are gonna be
tried in the countries they were arrested, or gonna be extradited to the US
(like that poor British boy). Or did NZ join the US and nobody cared to
tell me? This expansion of US law to be applicable to everybody who uses
the internet is worrysome.

-J