[pp.int.general] ACTA [was: SOPA, PIPA Postponed Indefinitely]

Jack Allnutt m2ys4u at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:53:30 CET 2012

On 20/01/2012 18:47, Justus Römeth wrote:
> Would it be feasible to call for another black out day the day before?
> For doing so we need to at least get Netzpolitik.org, bits of freedom,
> la quadrature du net, ... on board, too, though.

I think part of the reason the blackout was so effective is because it
was an unprecedented action, not to mention the support of enwiki,
Google, Reddit etc.

I don't think a similar blackout would work (not least because we
wouldn't be able to get the high-profile names involved) but we should
try and capitalise on the wave of anti-intellectual monopoly fervour
caused by SOPA and PIPA while it's still fresh in people's minds

-- Jack Allnutt