[pp.int.general] Megaupload lawyer Q&A on DOJ criminal case

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:03:15 CET 2012

On 1/21/2012 10:48 AM, Ryan Moffitt wrote:
> This was the reasoning behind the USPP hosting its servers in Iceland
> under a .is domain

Yet in doing so, we lose any ability to turn it to our advantage via
publicity (bringing things back up on that domain, if need be, AFTER a
theoretical seizure). also, the very nature of what we're doing is
fundamentally different; political party and file locker are two
different things.

The other problem is the loss of identity of the domain name. a .is
domain looks less 'official', the sort you see in spam, or as a
shortlink, and gives confusion over where the party is based. It's why
I've always been opposed to using the pirate.is domain for the party,
especially when we have the US-specific pirate-party.us (which should be
coming back up in the next day or two).

Andrew