[pp.int.general] No Safe Harbor

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:23:08 CET 2012

On 1/24/2012 6:27 AM, Brad Hall wrote:
> Friends!
>
> After months of hard work, the United States Pirate Party's book, No
> Safe Harbor, is released for all to read. Please go to
> www.nosafeharbor.com <http://www.nosafeharbor.com> to download it in a
> variety of formats, or purchase it from Amazon.com (link to the book is
> included on the NSH site.
>
> I would like to thank Pirate Parties International for hosting the book
> files.

Here's the FULL Press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Pirate Party is proud to announce the release of its first book, No
Safe Harbor.

No Safe Harbor, released January 24th 2012, is a collection of political
essays, texts and discussions that help explain and educate about Pirate
Party positions. While some have been published before, many others are
original to the book.

Contributors range from first-time writers being published for the first
time, leading academics, to Pirate Party officials, and even
international organizations like the United Nations.

Adding color to the book are cartoons by artist and free culture
activist Nina Paley, creator of the animated film Sita Sings the Blues.

Topics covered include notes on the 4th Amendment, the history of
copyright, biopatents, and corporate personhood.

The book is released under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY-NC-SA) and
sharing of it is strongly encouraged. To further that, the book is
available in a number of DRM-free formats, free of charge. In addition a
paperback edition can be purchased through Amazon.com for $9.99

"For anyone concerned with our rights today, but unsure where to start,
this book is an invaluable guide," says Assistant Editor and contributor
Andrew Norton. "Education on these very important topics, and their
immense potential for harm, has been sadly overlooked in recent years.
We felt it was time to correct that."

Further information, including the book and press resources can be
downloaded from www.nosafeharbor.com

###
About the US Pirate Party
The US Pirate Party was founded in 2006. Its aim is to bring
transparency and accountability to government, while restoring personal
liberties and privacy that have been discarded in a panic since 2001. It
also seeks to bring copyrights and patents back to their Constitutional
mandated purpose of promoting the progress of science and the useful arts.
The Pirate Party is currently recognized in Massachusetts and Florida.
Efforts to gain recognition in the entire country is underway.

Contact:
press at nosafeharbor.com
+1 352-658-3824
Twitter: @nosafeharbor