[pp.int.general] Court of Arbitration ruling 2012-1-A: public call for evidence

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:14:38 CET 2012

On 1/24/2012 11:12 AM, Maxime Rouquet wrote:
> On 01/24/2012 04:41 PM, Thijs Markus wrote:
>
> May I remind you that the Court of Arbitration is elected by the PPI
> General Assembly ?

Really? I don't remember an election. An election requires candidates to
be proposed, and then for ALL members capable to cast their votes.

What ACTUALLY happened was that the CoA was self-selected, the ONLY
criteria being that you were physically present at the last GA.

Frankly, I hold ZERO respect for such a CORRUPT organ.

> To all : please, point out evidence when you file corruption charges
> against PPI organs. Corruption is a fact, not a feeling.

Ok. Members of the court were 'appointed' without respect to basic
democracy, or respect to Pirate Party principles.

An organ that failed to do basic due diligence and rushed a decision out
without even doing ANY research. A look through the archives here would
have found numerous postings from the time of the last meeting
complaining about the location, and about issues with it always being in
Europe. Even back to 2010, when the SAME issues were raised when Germany
was announced.
What a slightly competent 'court' would have done, was looked through
the past emails on this topic, to see who might have information on the
topic, one way or another. Then contacted them. It's not even a hard job
to do since the information is quite literally DELIVERED TO YOUR COMPUTER.

To be blunt, the WHOLE 'Court of Arbitration' is an embarrassment to me,
and I strongly dislike the implications of being associated in ANY way
with such a body. The incompetence of it's actions, coupled with the
cronyism in it's packing (and it was 'packed', not elected, or filled or
anything else) is a stain and a slur on the Pirate Party name.

If any of those on the 'court' have any respect at ALL for the Pirate
Party movement, I call for you to demonstrate it by resigning your
'position'. We can hardly protest against underhand acts and
undemocratic policy-making, when an 'official organ' of Pirate Party
International is staffed and run in the same way. It's called 'clean hands'.

And to all the media who are reading this (and yes, for those that don't
know, there *ARE* members of the media who are subscribed to this list
and will see this) this court does not represent me, and I do NOT feel
it represents Pirate values either. It is, however, a perfect example of
how even well-meaning people can end up betraying their principles when
ensnared by bureaucratic regulations.

Of course, I'm just one person. I don't represent any party, just
myself. Yet I feel it must be said, because integrity is paramount to
me. I hold no personal animosity towards those involved, BUT this has to
be said.

The "Court of Arbitration" exemplifies the very WORST in politics that
we fight against. Am I the ONLY PERSON that sees this and is boggled by it?

- --
Andrew Norton
http://ktetch.blogspot.com
Tel: +1(352)6-KTETCH [+1-352-658-3824]