[pp.int.general] MegaUpload raided, shut down on request of US authorities

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:47:56 CET 2012

I think both communism and capitalism propose _some_ good and workable
solution to _some_ specific problems. They don't propose the same
solutions, and none has a complete set of solutions.

But I think it would be perfectly possible to combine some
capitalist-like solutions with some communist-like solutions in a new
and better system. Of course, zealot communists and zealot capitalists
would be against that.

As you say, both communism and capitalism are plagued by greed and corruption.

A common (and naive) view is that communism has a central all-powerful
authority and capitalism has a jungle-like darwinian free market. But
in reality modern capitalism has a winner-take-all market that quickly
creates monopolies and protects them by bribing politicians and
administrators. It evolves away from the free market and toward the
centralized power typical of communism.

G.