[pp.int.general] controversial survey from google institute

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Sat Jan 28 15:23:24 CET 2012

Hallo Justus

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 03:01:51PM +0100, Justus R?meth wrote:
> Once you realize those risks, or implications, it is up to you as a user to
> decide whether you want to use the services those two companies offer, and

that is exactly the point that doesn't work out, that's why
foebud launched the http://socialswarm.net project. it's not
about deploying diaspora, that doesn't work anyway, but
finding out how to solve these issues right.

> give up part of your privacy as the price for it or not. It is not up to
> political parties (or governments, for that matter) to tell citizens that

that is inaccurate. the truth is that the political implications
of ADSL, NAT and IPv4 are that people are kept from using their
own services and forced to use phony commercial offerings. chosing
not to use them is NOT a solution to the problem because it simply
cuts you out of the advantages of social networking, or in the
case of google, the privilege of being able to search the internet!

here is a somehow related proposal i wrote:
	http://my.pages.de/serverprotect
there are some political initiatives addressing these topics at
	https://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Netzpolitik (deutsch)
but the pirate parties should be a lot more ahead than the
traditional parties. instead they think they can solve it with
more education and awareness, and leave the playfield to ilse
aigner (German minister for consumer rights). yeah right.

> they can or can't do that. They have to force the companies to provide as
> much transparency as possible, as well as control them that they keep their
> end of the bargain (don't give data to other companies unless the customer

alright, so what do we do with all the companies that are currently
not doing like you say. do we filter them out of the internet? do
we sanction them millions of euros? when will that happen, in 2050?

we should probably do surveillance legislation. instead of monitoring
users that may be copying mp3s we should monitor all google and
facebook servers for accuracy in maintaining user data.

> there should not be that many internas pirate parties can forward to the
> hiig to begin with. Even though the HIIG is financed by big parts from

yes, they can do their homework themselves.