[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Stephane Bakhos nuitari at pirateparty.ca
Sun Jan 29 17:55:31 CET 2012

> This paradigma (one of the most imporant in the history of law!) must be
> used by the judges and the jury. Taking a complete hosting provider down
> should be handled as carefully as accusing somebody for sharing child
> porn. As far as I know, MU has been warned a pretty lot of times and
> they ignored each warning. Of course they are innocent until proven
> otherwise. And if a court finds them innocent, someone has to pay for
> their financial losses.

No one will pay for their financial losses, I really have no idea where
you are getting that concept. In civil cases, the losing side might have
to pay for the lawyer cost, but usually it's only partial and doesn't
cover most of it.

Do you have any reference of any criminal case in which the accused was
compensated after a not guilty verdict?

Even people that have been wrongfully imprisoned have to fight for years,
sometimes decades, to have any compensation.