[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Jan 30 17:55:10 CET 2012

    > Common decency?  Not hurting innocent people when you don't have to?

    If you shut down a business, customers get harmed. This happens excatly
    the same way if you take a company's offline data.

This is why the government should aim to minimize that harm.
Even if some of it is inevitable, not all of it is.

    Because the pirates' viewpoint is a little bit weak. Just saying, the
    Feds should run MegaUpload is not enough for me. How can they assure,
    that there will be no more copyright infringement? Must they cripple MU
    that you can download only your own files? How can they garantue that?

I can think of several approaches to consider.  If someone is
seriously interested in looking for a good answer, I will write them
down.  I don't see a need to write them down just for argument's sake.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation