[pp.int.general] Meanwhile…ACTA.

Jack Allnutt m2ys4u at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:48:19 CET 2012

On 30/01/2012 22:38, Mozart wrote:
> There has been a lot of focus on Megaupload lately (including a lot
> of unnecessary argument), which might have come at a very bad time.
> How many Pirate Parties have done press releases on ACTA lately?
> Interviews with the media? What's happening on the ACTA front?
> Should we do a joint press release prior to the protests, as well
> as after? It'd be great to shift our attention to a more imminent
> threat.
>
> Mozart.

PPUK have done a couple of TV interviews for Russia Today on ACTA, and
had our press release (
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/press/releases/2012/jan/27/acta-latest-threat-internet-freedom-just-signed-eu/
) hit the front page of Reddit's /r/technology generating an
unprecedented number of web hits for us.

We've also got a blog post out about how to fight ACTA:
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/blog/2012/jan/28/acting-acta-what-we-can-do/
- CC-BY, obviously, if anybody else wants to re-use the content.

--
Jack Allnutt
PPUK Deputy Campaigns Officer