[pp.int.general] Towards a secure eDemocracy platform based on Web service standards

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Fri Jul 13 20:35:21 CEST 2012

On 07/13/2012 03:08 PM, Justus Römeth wrote:
> How do you make sure in electronic, non-secret voting that people do not
> get pressured to vote a certain way (think of Neighbourhood, religious
> comunities, spouses, parents, employers, ...)? This alone makes it
> impractical for me for binding decisions.

PP-FR just announced that we are going to challenge the validity of
electronic voting systems in front of the French Constitutional Council.
We targeted the "Foreign French citizens" new right to vote by paper,
snail mail or *Internet*, that encountered a *lot* of problems. But the
decision will likely impact all electronic voting systems.

Our main argument against electronic voting systems is that the public
cannot check i their is no fraud (as it is the case with paper ballots)
which is not acceptable. The German equivalent to our Constitutional
Council sanctioned the use of electronic voting machines back in 2009
based on this principle.

But regarding the "voting from
[home/office/mafia-headquarters-with-a-gun-on-your-head/etc.]", we will
also underline such risks of introducing electronic systems for secret
votes.

If some of you want to participate or give arguments (we have a few
weeks to write the appeal), feel free to contact me.

Regards,