[pp.int.general] Towards a secure eDemocracy platform based on Web service standards

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Jul 14 01:00:55 CEST 2012

    Traditional voting systems are very easy to rig if ones in power have
    desire to do so. Digitalized system offers more protection, IMO.

Falsifying a traditional election involves visible activities, such as
stuffing ballot boxes.  Even if people can't stop this, it tends to
be seen.

However, falsifying an election with a computerized voting box
can be done in a way nobody can see or detect.

    When voting you get a secret
    code that is connected to your vote and you can at any time see is choice
    same in the central system. As everything is anonymous, having that code
    would not be able to show who voted what, but only give possibility to
    check regularity of single vote for one who knows what it should be.

I don't follow this description at all.  I don't understand what that
code permits the voter to check, or why that is relevant.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation