[pp.int.general] MeowCat, a new internet messaging platform

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Tue Jul 17 11:28:11 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 06:58:58PM -0300, Aza wrote:
> lalalalalallalalalallalalalaalalalalalala
> ok :P i guess i'll have to tell my 2 other users to use tor
>
> about private comunication i was thinking of something like
> a gpg plugin for the browser.

in the lower half of http://secushare.org/end2end there is
an explanation why a browser plugin doesnt solve the problem
either..  :-(

> There's a reasson why to making it on the browser and is
> because is what most of the people uses...

yes, that's why we might not have true privacy on the internet
for decades to come. there will always be an attack vector
written in javascript. unless of course this web-centric
thinking is stopped and people realize the internet is much
more than just a web browser

if people are capable to use all sorts of clients for twitter,
why not install something that actually provides true privacy?
why do stupid things with super fancy custom software while
standing on your head to achieve the impossible on the web?

there are even plenty of web-based telephone systems, and still
the majority of folks *installs* skype.. so it can't be THAT bad
to do things outside of the web browser.