[pp.int.general] MeowCat, a new internet messaging platform

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net
Fri Jul 20 16:36:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM, carlo von lynX <lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 06:17:42AM +0100, Nuno Cardoso wrote:
> > Have a look at Retroshare <http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/> ;)
>
> Yes, RetroShare is cool.. still doesn't provide unobservability
> and untraceability

Depends on what observability and traceability mean :)
You can observe packets in transit, but they are encrypted so you can't
observe their unencrypted content.
You can trace where the packets come and go between two endpoints but what
they carry may have come from somewhere else and you can't track from where
or what it is.

> but I heard it has caught up concerning its
> performance.

True, and it's getting better on every release :)

> It's the best thing currently available to my
> knowledge..

I like it specially because it's a libre solution to many of the current
problems free communication on the internet is facing, there are also
others that address the same problems but this is the only one that
integrates everything.
If by any chance the MAFIAA's and corrupt governments end up closing all
other avenues, Retroshare and other similar solutions are the future, and
this one is already here :)

> need to fix my computer, it doesn't run it.

Got to keep up with those updates ;)